Roof System Components
1. Roof Covering: Shingles or metal are the most common types. You could also have slate or tile.
2. Sheathing: These are the boards or sheeting material that is fastened to the rafters to cover your house.
3. Roof Structure: Rafters and trusses make the support for your roof.
4. Flashing: This is the material thats installed in your roofs joints and valley to protect your home from leaking and water seepage.
5. Drainage: How well does your roof shed water? That depends on the design, shape, and slope of you roof.
6. Ventilation: Venting your roof properly is an important component of the roofing system.
The next step is to understand when to replace or repair your roof. A complete roof inspection can determine any existing problems that can be repaired and whether or not it's more cost effective to repair or replace the entire roof or just a portion of the roof.
Whatever the process maybe the experts at ResPros Roofing, Siding & Gutters can guide you through the process of choosing the correct materials for your particular roof.